Planned expansion of the GGF Technical Department has created a requirement for an additional Technical Officer with a background in the Fenestration industry. Knowledge of both domestic and commercial product is a distinct advantage.
Experience in a production or technical position (min. 5 years) is essential for this position. This is a unique opportunity to work in a small but integral department within the UK’s largest trade association. You should have excellent people and communication skills and feel comfortable both in creating and presenting technical information to professionals in the Industry.
- Solid technical knowledge including relevant BS/EN/ISO Standards and Building Regulations.
- Ability to attend sites to inspect and report on fenestration disputes which may also include glass inspection.
- Provide secretarial services including minute taking at specialist technical meetings
- Assist Regional Managers by providing technical support at regional and country meetings
- Respond to technical queries from members and building professionals through email and by phone.
- Provide occasional technical articles for GGF regular e-letters to members
- Create or update Datasheets & guidance documents through Working Groups
- Regularly attend & report at Technical Department meetings
- Be willing to travel to meetings and site visits throughout the UK. Although these are generally designated to nearest Technical Officer, you must be prepared to provide cover.
- Job is predominantly home based although you may occasionally be required to be based in our offices in London. Flexible working options will be considered.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Travel expenses, subsistence, mileage allowance and a company credit card is included. A laptop and mobile phone will also be provided.
Please write in the first instance to GGF Senior Technical Officer David Borland at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a current CV.
Closing date is 30th June.