This course covers the theoretical knowledge required to work alongside practical experience, providing glaziers with the knowledge to ensure these safety critical products are installed correctly and be able to explain to others on site the importance of their specialism.
- Installers will appreciate the function and importance of fire-resistant glazing;
- Installers will become aware of, and apply, the core principles of best practice in installation as set by the GGF Fire Resistant Glazing Group;
- Installers will be able to explain to clients, building owners, etc. (who should be responsible for fire safety in the building during its use) why the proper application of fire-resistant glazing is essential in containing fire and the effects of fire.
- Behaviour of glass in fire
- What is fire resistance?
- Types of fire-resistant glass
- Regulations and Responsibilities
- Importance of the glazed system
- Evidence of performance
- Product stamps
- Information available
- Multiple choice review
Register for Fire Resistant Glazing Training
London – GGF Offices, 40 Rushworth Street, SE1 0RB
- September 18, 2019
Glasgow – The Academy, Nisbet Business Centre, G31 5DS
Manchester – Bohle Ltd, Tameside Park Industrial Estate, Dukinfield, SK16 4PP